The USASA will again offer an Exhibition Banked Slalom competition at the 2015 National Championship at Copper Mountain. This 2015 season the Exhibition Banked Slalom at the National Championship will also be open to both Snowboarders and Skiers.
In order to be eligible to compete at this exhibition event at the National Championship you MUST either:
- be the age class winner of your home series regional event to be guaranteed a spot
- or have participated in your home series event to be eligible to enter the "lottery" that is used to fill the remaining field
We will host the only RMS Banked Slalom event this season on Friday February 6th, 2015 at Copper Mountain, open to both Snowboarders and Skiers. The event will be both a 9 & under Free and an Adaptive Free competition. Entry is capped at 160 competitors. Please register early to avoid disapointment.
Shown below is an overview of the course we intend to build!
Yep thats right, FREE, just for being a Grommet or 9 & Under Skier in the Rocky Mountain Series.
Once a week beginning December 5th, 2014 and each Wednesday through March 18th, 2015 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm every Rocky Mountain Series Grom and 9 & under Skier (must be a minimum of 8 years of age) can drop in at Woodward Copper free of charge!
This deal means 20 free sessions for you to train, practice and have fun at getting ready to compete in the largest snowboard and freeskier contest on the planet, the 2015 USASA National Championships - and all just for joining the USASA and being a member of the Rocky Mountain Series!
Here's the skinny:
- Must be a current 2014/15 USASA Rocky Mountain Series member
- Free Sessions only available to Grommet or 9 & Under Skier classes (the Woodward Barn minimum age is 8 years of age)
- Everyone else receives the normal USASA discount:
- 50% off Intro Sessions
- 20% off Drop In Sessions
- Must bring your membership card as proof of current USASA Rocky Mountain Series membership
- Must bring a parent or legal guardian to sign the waiver
- Don't forget your ski and snowboard boots so you can train on our indoor Burton ParkBoard™ and ParkSki™ !
- Only on Wednesdays during the 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm session, be sure to show up a few minutes early! Especially if you are participating in an Intro Session
- Must be ready to have some fun!!
Welcome to the Home of Boardercross & SkierCross training in the Rocky Mountains!
We will be hosting both USSA / FIS & USASA training sessions and competitions this season. It is important to understand that you must be registered in advance to participate in any of the training opportunities.
USASA competitors must register for training sessions in advance online. There will be no opportunity to accomodate participants wishing to register the day of a specific training session. Sessions available to USASA level competitors are listed on the schedule below. Training schedules will be strictly adhered in order facilitate the wide ability ranges of athletes that will be utilizing this facility.
- $20 Training Fee per day (National & Non-USASA Teams)
- 6 to 8 athletes - 1 complimentary training session per day
- 9 athletes or more - 2 complimentary training sessions per day
National & Non-USASA Team Lift Ticket Discounts
- 1 - 5 athletes - 50% off 1 daily lift ticket
- 5 to 8 athletes - 1 complimentary lift ticket
- 9 and above - 2 complimentary lift tickets
All training session participants will be required to CHECK IN at the indoor ticket desk prior to attempting to gain access to the course. Your name will be on the training list for the day. You will be issued a training bib to be used for that days session only and a schedule of the days training schedule. Each participant is REQUIRED to have both a lift ticket or pass, a training ticket for the day and a bib issued for the days training. The bib must be returned at the end of the training session. You will NOT be allowed access to the next days training session if you did not return your bib. If you have lost your bib you must pay a $20 lost bib fee in order to gain access to the next training session.
Lift Ticket Prices (for particants)
Training Day Lift Tickets
- $37 - Adult
- $28 - Ages 14 to 18
- $20 - 13 & under
XP Lift Pass
- $99 - 4 days, no black out dates, best value, available thru Dec 12th 2014 ONLY
Season Lift Pass
- $359 - 15 +
- $169 - Ages 14 & under
Bibs will be available for pickup with lift ticket purchase (if required) at 9:00 am thru 9:45 am each morning at the Indoor Ticket Desk at Ski Cooper located in the main building.
You are required to return your training bib each day. A box will be located at the Indoor Ticket Desk to return your bib when you are done training for the day. Riders/ Skiers who loose their bibs or fail to return their bibs will incur a $20 lost bib charge and will not be allowed to participate in future training sessions until the bib is either returned or the lost bib fee is paid.
- Icelantic Free Stuff Fridays
- The 2014 / 15 Season has begun!
- Please give generously!
- Once again you make us great
- Coaches Certification
- Winter eMagazine
- Vast Captures it all!
- RMS Bronze Level Slopestyle
- GromCo RMS Collaboration
- Ruggies, Grom's, 9 & under Skiers
- Mountain Rideshare
- We Need a New Gate
- A Helmet for your Teeth
- Renew your USASA Membership today!
- Check Your Helmets